Easy Baked Mexican Chicken
by Kitchen Ladies
The other night it was windy, rainy and really cold outside and while we will grill outdoors in most inclement weather…that night was just too much. Not wanting to leave the comfort of home and fireplace, I rummaged through the kitchen pondering how to bake the chicken breasts that we had without them tasting bland and boring and this is what I came up with. It was AMAZING! I had been craving comfort food but without all of the bread and extras – comfort food without the food coma.
I pulled out two chicken breasts, some of my homemade taco seasoning, a little olive oil, salt, pepper and some Mexican blend shredded cheese that we had leftover from our Thanksgiving Day omelets. In no time we had a juicy, yummy, cheesy, Mexican tasting dish served up along side a crisp salad.
This is definitely going to be a go-to recipe from now on!
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
• 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
• Olive oil
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
2. Coat both sides of each chicken breast with olive oil, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and place in an oven safe glass dish.
3. Cook for 10 minutes then flip each breast over and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top of the chicken breasts and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Take chicken out and cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.*
6. Serve and top with some salsa!
* Refrain from cutting into the meat too early as once the juices drain, the meat gets dry and loses a lot of the flavor.