Roasted Acorn Squash Bowls
by Kitchen Ladies
One of my favorite fall and winter side dishes is a roasted acorn squash. As a kid I never liked sweet potatoes as the only time I remember having them was at Thanksgiving baked with marshmallows and brown sugar (Ok, I am quietly gagging right now) so the same goes for the squashes… cut the sugar out and trust me, the taste is great.
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fill a baking dish with about 1/4-1/2 inch of water.
3. Cut an acorn squash in half (doesn’t matter which way) and scoop out the seeds. If the halves don’t sit flat then cut a slight bit from the bottom to help them lay flat.
4. Place the halves face up in the baking dish and place 1 tablespoon of butter into each little acorn bowl adding sea salt and pepper to taste.
5. Roast in the oven for 1 hour or until soft.
6. Remove and serve.
xo Mama Ferg